Handheld Fiber Laser Welder Operation
1. Operation Process:
Open the Air Valve → Open the Air Switch → Release the Emergency Stop Button→ Turn the Key to the Right→ Press the Water Chiller Power Button → Press the Laser Power Button→Wait for 20 Seconds, then you can use it.
Clamp the welding protection chuck on the work surface;
Check whether the parameters are correct by the welding work piece;
Click the "open air valve" button on the control system interface to check whether the blowing air flow meets the welding requirements;
Click the control system "Start" button on the interface to test whether the light-emitting protection circuit is working properly (align the welding head with the surface of the test plate, press the light-emitting button, it is normal that no light is emitted; contact the welding head with the surface of the test plate, and press the light-emitting button , The light is normal); after the detection is correct, you can start welding.
Put the welding head on the welding head holder→Click the "stop" button on the control system interface→Turn off the laser power button → Turn off the water chiller power button → Turn the key switch to the left → Press emergency stop button → Turn off the air switch → Turn off the air valve.
2. Precautions of Handheld Fiber Laser Welding Machine
* Radiation-proof glasses, masks, and safety protective clothing must be worn to ensure the safe production of staff.
* It is forbidden to use it together with arc welding machines (argon arc welding, electric welding, carbon dioxide shielded welding machines) to prevent current reflow from affecting laser components.
* The welding head must not be aimed at any part of the body during use. Do not put the welding head on the ground, always pay attention to dust.
* During the welding process, please note that the bending radius of the fiber corrugated tube should not be less than 20CM, so as not to burn the fiber.
* In case of any unexpected situation, immediately press the emergency stop button and contact our staff to report the situation.
* If you temporarily stop working, please click "Stop" to enter the standby state, or to stop working after work, please click "Stop" to enter the standby state and turn off the device.
* When replacing the protective lens or inspecting the welding head, the power supply of the equipment must be turned off.
* The water temperature of the refrigerator and the room temperature difference is not more than 10 degrees! The water temperature in summer is recommended to be set to 26℃-30℃, and the water temperature in winter is recommended to be set to 20℃-22℃. Excessive temperature difference in the cabinet will cause condensation of the laser device, which may damage the laser.
Anti-freezing measures must be taken when the room temperature is lower than 4°C. The ethylene glycol and purified water can be blended and mixed in a ratio of 1:3 and then added to the water tank.
Handheld Fiber Laser Welding Machine Troubleshoot
Error A: Fiber Laser Source Alarm
1. Check the water chiller if water chiller working or chiller alarm.
2. If QBH port loosen
Error B: No Laser Output
1. Check if fiber laser source working or any alarm
2. If fiber laser source working, check whether the clip clamped on the material.
3. Check if red point normal, if red point inside laser gun but unable to emit, then swing mirror has a problem with polarized beam. On this occasion, no laser can be emitted. Adjust the motor.
4. Check the switch button if any short circuit.
Error C: Laser Becoming Weak
1. Check whether the protective lens is damaged and whether the protective gas is turned on.
2. Check whether the focal distance correct.
3. Check whether the QBH is loosen, which affects the change of focal length.
4. If it is confirmed that the protective lens and QBH port normal.
Check whether the focusing lens is damaged. Turn off the laser and illuminate the inside of the laser gun with light to observe.
Error D: Protection Lens Damaged Frequently
1. Check whether the protective gas is turned on and sufficient.
2. Avoid vertical welding or top welding.
3. If the welding large splash, set up positive defocus, lower speed, smaller power and lower scanning speed.
4. The system software setting interface increases the laser-on progressive and laser-off buffer time.
Error E: Wire Feeder
1. If manual feeding working while automatic feeding not working, check whether the two-core wire feeding signal wire is broken. Wire feeding connector can be short-circuited. After short-circuiting, it is working normal, then replace the signal wire.
2. In other cases of no wire feeding, check whether the wires is twisted, whether the wires not filled well and whether the welding wire is too thin.
3. If the wire feeding speed cannot be changed or there is no change after setting, please contact the after-sales personnel.
How Gas Blowing Affects Laser Welding?
What kind of shielding gas does laser welding blow, and how?
Should it blow gas? I believe many people don't quite understand it.
This article lists some of the correct use of shielding gas for laser welding machine. During laser welding, shielding gas will affect welding formation, welding quality, welding penetration depth and width, oxidation, and porosity. Mostly, blowing shielding gas will have a positive effect on the welding, but it may also bring unfavorable effects if wrong use.
The correct blowing of shielding gas will effectively protect the weld pool to reduce or even avoid oxidation, reduce spatter, effectively reduce weld pores, and promote uniform spread of the weld pool during solidification, making the weld shape uniform and beautiful. For some special metals, the shielding effect of the vapor plume or plasma cloud on the laser can be reduced, and the effective utilization rate of the laser can be increased.
If the shielding gas is not blown in correctly, the welding seam may deteriorate and the mechanical properties of the welding may be reduced, which may cause the weld pool metal to be seriously interfered by external forces and cause the weld to collapse, crack or form unevenly. The larger the shielding gas flow rate, the laser energy will affect the weld penetration to a certain extent.
The ionization energy of Ar is relatively low, and the ionization degree is high under the action of laser, which is not conducive to controlling the formation of plasma cloud, and will have a certain impact on the effective utilization of laser. However, the activity of Ar is very low and it is difficult to chemically interact with common metals.
The cost of Ar is not high. In addition, the density of Ar is higher, which is beneficial to sink to the top of the weld pool, and can better protect the weld pool, so it can be used as a conventional shielding gas.
The ionization energy of N2 is moderate, higher than that of Ar and lower than that of He. Under the action of laser, the ionization degree is average, which can reduce the formation of plasma cloud and increase the effective utilization rate of laser. Nitrogen can chemically react with aluminum alloy and carbon steel at a certain temperature to produce nitrides, which will increase the brittleness of the weld, reduce the toughness, and will have a greater adverse effect on the mechanical properties of the weld joint. Therefore, it is not recommended to use nitrogen when welding Aluminum alloy or carbon steel.
The nitride produced by the chemical reaction between nitrogen and stainless steel can increase the strength of the weld joint, which will help improve the mechanical properties of the weld. Therefore, nitrogen can be used as a shielding gas when welding stainless steel.
He has the highest ionization energy, and the ionization degree is very low under the action of laser, which can well control the formation of plasma cloud. Laser can act on metal very well, and He has very low activity and basically does not chemically react with metal. It is a good shielding gas for welding seams, but the cost of He is too high. Generally, mass production products will not use this gas. He is generally used for scientific research or products with very high added value.
There are currently two conventional blowing methods for shielding gas: side-by-side blowing and coaxial blowing.
For the choice of blowing method, in general, it is recommended to use side by side blowing protective gas.
The selection principle of shielding gas blowing method:
First of all, it needs to be clear that the so-called "oxidation" of the weld is only a common name. Theoretically, it refers to the chemical reaction between the weld and the harmful components in the air, which causes the quality of the weld to deteriorate. It is the chemical reaction of the weld metal with oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen in the air at a certain temperature. To prevent the weld from being "oxidized" is to reduce or avoid contact of such harmful components with the weld metal in a high temperature state. This high temperature state is not only the molten metal in the molten pool, but from the time the weld metal is melted to the molten metal. The pool metal solidifies and its temperature drops below a certain temperature during the entire time period.
According to the selection of welding workpiece:
The weld shape of the straight seam welding product is straight, and the joint form is butt joint, lap joint, internal corner joint or overlap welded joint. This type of product adopts the side-blow side blower shown in Figure 1. Shielding gas method is better.
The weld shape of the flat closed pattern welded seam product is a flat circular shape, a flat polygonal shape, a flat multi-segment line shape and other closed patterns. The joint form is a butt joint, lap joint, overlap welded joint, etc. All products of this type are used
The coaxial shielding gas method shown in Figure 2 is better.
The selection of shielding gas directly affects the quality, efficiency and cost of welding production, but due to the diversity of welding materials, in the actual welding process, the selection of welding gas is also more complicated.
It is necessary to comprehensively consider the welding material, welding method, and welding position. As well as the required welding effect, a more suitable welding gas can be selected through the welding test to achieve better welding results.
Welcome contact us for more details about laser welding machine!
How to Better Use Fiber Laser Cutting Machine?
When using a fiber laser cutting machine, it is necessary to notice some small details and some precautions. Mastering the skills of fiber laser cutting machine can make the equipment more efficient and more worry-free.
When cutting, in order to achieve better efficiency and cutting quality, the following fiber laser cutting machine usage skills are worth learning:
In order to achieve better operation, regular maintenance is also essential. The maintenance of the fiber laser cutting machine should pay attention to the following points:
1. Each guide rail should be cleaned frequently to remove dust and other sundries to ensure the normal operation of the equipment. The rack should be wiped frequently and lubricated to ensure lubrication without debris. The guide rails and the motor should be cleaned and lubricated frequently, so that the machine can move better and cut more accurately, and the quality of the workpiece will be improved.
2. Check the straightness of the track and the verticality of the machine every six months, and timely maintain and debug if any abnormality is found. Otherwise, it may affect the cutting effect, the error will increase, and the cutting quality will decrease.
3. Always check the steel belt and make sure it is tight. Otherwise, if there is a problem in operation, it may hurt people. The steel belt seems to be inconspicuous, but the problem should not be underestimated.
4. Use a vacuum cleaner to absorb the dust and dirt in the machine once a week, and all electrical cabinets should be closed to prevent dust.
How to Choose Suitable Rail on Co2 Laser Engraver Cutter
For co2 laser engraver cutter, there are three kinds of popular rails on the market:
Fast Rail (inner slide and outer slide )+Linear Guide Rail (also called square linear rail)
They have different features and applied in different processing requirement. We cannot see which one is good and which one is bad.
Fast Slide Rail: fast speed, mainly used in the soft materials processing, like paper, leather, fabric, cloth etc.
But the cutting effect and precision are worse than linear guide rail.
Linear Guide Rail: has the advantage of high cutting precision and high loading capacity and mainly used in the plate processing, like acrylic, wood, mdf, pvc, plexiglass etc.
For fast rail, we recommend client choose the outer slide rails, as it's easily to calibrate and maintenance.
For the inner slide rail, the dusts and scrap are easily to enter in the groove and bearing, which may stuck the slide rails and also very hard to adjust the distance between two wheels.
In conclusion, it depends on the actual working material to choose the suitable guide rail!
How to Weld Aluminum by Laser?
Although laser welding aluminum is popular, but as Aluminum and Aluminum Alloy have the characteristics of high reflection and low attraction, so there are still technical difficulties in welding, therefore, we should pay attention to 3 points in laser welding.
We know that aluminum and aluminum alloy are the most widely used non-ferrous metal structural materials with very good metal properties. Compared with the general metal alloy materials, it has high strength and good corrosion resistance, which usage only less than steel. It is widely applied in aviation, aerospace, automobile, machinery manufacturing, ship and chemical industry. With the rapid development of industries, the need for aluminum alloy welding structural parts is increasing. So far, Aluminum Alloy laser welding is on high demand.
Tips of Laser welding Aluminum:
1. When laser welding on aluminum alloy, laser reflection will appear on the surface of aluminum alloy, because aluminum alloy is a kind of non-ferrous metal, which has strong reflectivity to all kinds of laser. Aluminum alloy has high reflectivity and small absorptivity for laser. Therefore, before welding aluminum alloy, it is necessary to clean the surface of aluminum alloy and clean up the oil stain on the surface. At the same time, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the oxide film on the metal surface and remove the oxide film thoroughly.
2. It should be fully prepared when laser welding aluminum alloy, because the aluminum alloy has the characteristics of active, easy to be oxidized and so on, it is easy to attach a lot of dust and moisture on its surface, so in the process of welding, if not well prepared, the surface dust is easy to stay on the aluminum alloy surface with the rapid welding of laser, thus affecting the quality and welding effect of aluminum alloy.
3. In addition, metals have thermal conductivity, so aluminum alloy also has strong thermal conductivity. When laser welding on aluminum alloy, laser is easy to be reflected or laser heat quickly dissipated, resulting in aluminum alloy welding failure. Therefore, when laser welding aluminum alloy, we should increase the power and frequency to prevent laser reflection or conduction, and strive to weld aluminum alloy with extremely high frequency at shortest time. In this way, we can avoid the problem of reflectivity and so on.
More details about aluminum laser welding machine, feel free contact us!
Summer Maintenance Tips for Fiber Laser Cutting Machine
Frequent maintenance of the fiber laser cutting machine not only saves cost, but also prolong the lifespan.
High temperature is unbearable. Long time high temperature will cause inconvenience to the operation of machines, which affects the service life. Here are the summer maintenance tips:
1. Noting that the cooling water temperature should not be much differed from the air temperature. The cooling water temperature and the room temperature’s difference less than 7 degrees.
The fiber laser source and optical lenses are cooled by water. The water in the air will condense into ice when it is cold. When the temperature of the cooling water is too low, there will be condensation on the surface of the fiber laser source and optical lenses, which greatly affects the laser output efficiency and has a great influence on the laser power and the service life of the optical accessories.
2. Check and maintain the internal pressure of the cooler before the high temperature comes.
3. Regularly clean the dust in the electrical cabinet of the fiber laser cutting machine and check the working condition of the cooling fan.
4. Distilled water or pure water should be used as the coolant, and the dust should be cleaned regularly to avoid affecting the laser power.
Why Burrs Occured During Fiber Laser Cutting?
During laser cutting, the laser beam irradiates the surface of the workpiece to generate a very high temperature, so that the surface of the workpiece is rapidly vaporized and evaporated, so as to achieve the purpose of cutting metal. The function of the auxiliary gas is to blow off the slag remaining on the surface of the workpiece after irradiation and vaporization by the laser beam. If without gas blowing, a layer of adhering burrs will form on the surface of the workpiece as the slag cools.
Reason 1: The purity of the auxiliary gas of does not meet the required standard, which will also cause burrs on the workpiece.
Solution: Replace the auxiliary gas with a higher purity.
Reason 2: Fiber laser cutting machine has worked too long time, which makes the equipment in an unstable working condition, which will also lead to the generation of burrs.
Solution: Turn off the laser cutting machine, restart it after a period of time, and make it fully rest.
Reason 3: The focal distance is deviated, resulting in that the energy is not precisely concentrated on the workpiece, and the workpiece is not fully vaporized, which increases the amount of slag and is not easy to blow off, so that burrs are more likely to occur.
Solution: Adjust the focal distance to the best.
Reason 4: The output power of the fiber laser cutting machine is not enough to effectively vaporize the metal, resulting in excessive slag and burrs.
Solution: Check whether the fiber laser cutting machine is working normally. If it is abnormal, it needs to be repaired and maintained in time; if it is normal, it is also necessary to check whether the output power is correct.
Reason 5: The cutting speed is too slow, which affects the cutting quality and produces burrs.
Solution: adjust and increase the cutting speed in time to make it reach the normal.
When the workpiece with burrs, many companies will suspect that there is a quality problem with the cutting machine. In fact, this phenomenon is mostly caused by the wrong operation method of the operator, or the maintenance and maintenance of the cutting machine are not in place. In addition, this happens with the auxiliary gas.
Fiber Laser Cutting Circle into Ovals Solution
Recently some customers reported to us about cutting circle into ovals problem. This is very common problem when customers use the fiber laser cutting machine for first time. After long time sea shipping, the machine screws might be some loosen, which causing XY axis inaccurate, so it is necessary to recalibrate the parts and parameters. Even our technician has calibrated the machine well in factory before shipping, but it is still need recalibration to make sure higher accuracy. Here are the recalibration tips: 1.Check the servo drive’s parameters XY axis drive parameters recover to factory default setup, and then reset up according to the drive parameters provided by factory. 2.Cypcut parameter configuration: check the machine body parameters 3.Check the motor’s screws or the slide table screws loosen or not, and try fasten it and do several testing to find out the most correct position. After first time recalibration, generally no need calibrate again in future operation. When meeting with any problems, pls contact BST Laser instantly and professional technician will provide most suitable solution!