Why Co2 Laser Engraving Machine Can not Engrave Metal ?
Best Co2 Laser engraving machine can be used for engraving cutting wood, plexiglass, glass, stone, crystal, Corian, paper, two-color board, alumina, leather, resin and so on. However, co2 laser engraving machines have problems in engraving metal materials.
The reasons are as follows:
1. Dot matrix engraving, dot matrix engraving resembles high definition dot matrix printing. The laser head oscillates left and right, each time engraving a line consisting of a series of points, and then the laser head simultaneously moves up and down to engrave a plurality of lines, and finally constitutes a full-page image or text. The scanned graphics, text and vectorized graphics can all be carved using dot matrix.
2. Vector cutting is different from dot matrix engraving. Vector cutting is performed on the outer contour of the graphic. We usually use this mode to cut through wood, acrylic, paper and other materials, as well as marking on a variety of materials.
3. Laser engraving speed: engraving speed refers to the speed of the laser head movement, usually expressed in IPS (inches / sec), high speed brings high production efficiency. Speed is also used to control the depth of the cut. For a particular laser intensity, the slower the speed, the greater the depth of the cut or engraving. You can adjust the speed with the engraver panel or with your computer’s print driver. In the range of 1% to 100%, the adjustment range is 1%. The advanced motion control system of the Hummer makes you get super-fine engraving quality when you are carving at high speed.
4. Engraving intensity: Engraving intensity refers to the intensity of laser light incident on the surface of the material. For a particular engraving speed, the greater the intensity, the greater the depth of the cut or engraving. You can adjust the intensity with the engraving machine panel or with your computer’s print driver. In the range of 1% to 100%, the adjustment range is 1%. The greater the intensity, the greater the speed. The depth of the cut is also deeper.
5. Spot size: The size of the co2 laser engraver beam spot can be adjusted by using lenses with different focal lengths. Small spot lenses are used for high resolution engraving. Large spot lenses are used for lower resolution engraving, but for vector cutting, it is the best choice. The standard configuration for engraving machine is a 2.0 inch lens. Its spot size is in the middle and is suitable for all kinds of occasions.
Co2 Laser cutting and engraving machines generally use CO2 lasers source, and the power of laser tubes currently used belongs to the medium and small power range. The maximum is 300W. Originally, the metal absorbs less of this medium wavelength laser. Therefore, co2 laser engraving machines are generally not used to engraving metal. the best laser engraving machine for etching metal is fiber laser marking machine.